The ACS Spring 2021 meeting will be held April 5-16 online. The CELL Division will be running 13 symposia, including
- 3D printing frontiers in renewable and smart materials for future circular economy
- A century of cellulose: The past, present and future of cellulose and renewable materials
- Biomaterials, biofuels and biochemicals from lignocelluloses
- Cellulose: The panacea for super materials in the future
- Functionalization of nanocelluloses for electrical, optical, magnetic, barrier and topochemical properties
- Historical perspectives on cellulose and other renewable materials
- Lignin as a renewable substrate for polymers: From molecular understanding and isolation to targeted applications
- Lignocellulosic biorefining: From in-silico to products
- Nanocellulose from fundamentals to function
- New horizons Young Investigators symposium
- Pitch in lignocellulose materials for early career scientists
- Raman spectroscopy applications in the field of celluloses and lignocellulose and their major components
- Valorisation of renewable resources and residuals into new materials and multiphase systems
The meeting, originally planned as an in-person event in San Antonio, TX, March 2021 was transitioned to virtual as a result of the rapidly rising number of COVID-19 cases locally, nationally, and globally, and predictions for worsening conditions throughout the winter season. The virtual format was chosen out of concern for the health and safety of our members, staff, meeting attendees, and residents of San Antonio.
Registration will open by mid-January and remain open through the end of the meeting. All attendees and presenters will be required to register. Registration fees have been set at $99 for ACS members, $149 for non-members, and $29 for students and teachers. Unemployed, retired, and 50-year emeritus members will be able to register at no cost.
Abstract submissions is now open and will close on January 19, 2021. Any abstract submission queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.