The American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute (ACS GCI) is pleased to announce the 24th Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference to be held from June 16–18, 2020 in Seattle, Washington, USA. The Conference Organizing Committee is issuing this call for symposia.
The Committee requests that all proposals reflect ACS GCI’s mission to advance the implementation of green and sustainable chemistry and engineering practices across the global chemistry enterprise. The overarching theme of the conference in 2020 is Systems-Inspired Design, highlighting design from a systems and life cycle perspective. As in previous years, the Committee is seeking proposals that span the breadth and depth of green and sustainable chemistry and engineering.
The Committee is seeking proposals that include diverse perspectives from academic, industrial, and government scientists; business leaders; students; NGO representatives, etc. Proposal submitters should creatively design their sessions to be highly interactive (e.g., facilitate lively discussion, include sufficient time for Q&A, rapid-fire sessions, workshop-based learning, etc.). Attendees should leave each session with a clear idea of how they can use session outcomes in their professional careers. Submitters are asked to describe how these outcomes will be achieved in the session and should provide potential speakers and/or topics of presentations.
The ACS Fall 2020 National Meeting is in San Fransisco (August 16-20, 2020). The CELL Division is organising an exciting slate of meeting theme oriented symposia. Abstract submission is open until April 20, 2020. Go to maps.acs.org to submit your abstracts. The division is organising the following symposia:
- Renewable Materials Bench to Market 1: Discovery & Market Validation
- Renewable Materials Bench to Market 2: How Much Can We Make, How Fast, At What Cost?
- Renewable Materials Bench to Market 3: Advances in High-Throughput Biomass Characterization Methods
- Renewable Materials Bench to Market 4: Environmental Health & Safety
- Renewable Materials Bench to Market 5: Lawyers Must Have Their Say
- Renewable Materials from Bench to Market 6: Raising Funds to Take Inventions across the Valley of Death
- Renewable Materials Bench to Market 7: Supply Chain, Production, & Distribution Logistics
- Nanocellulose materials horizons from bench-to-pilot-to-commercial scale
- Valorization of Renewable Materials
- General poster
Further details about the symposia can be downloaded here. We look forward to your submission!
EPNOE Junior 2020 Meeting 4th edition will take place from 15 to 16 September 2020 on the campus of KU Leuven in Kortrijk (Belgium).
EPNOE Junior Scientist Meetings are a biannually organized conference designed for academically young researchers (PhD Students, Post-docs and junior Assistant Professors) from academia and industry to meet and build their personal network in the polysaccharide field, while also presenting recent results and brainstorming the direction and future of polysaccharides research.
Contributions for oral communication and poster presentations from fundamental, as well as applied research are highly welcome. The call is open to all polysaccharide related topics including but not limited to:
- Forestry, Agriculture, Biotechnology
- Biorefinery of polysaccharide biomass
- Biological aspects
- Fundamental polysaccharide research
- Chemical functionalization of polysaccharides
- Advanced fields of application
- Polysaccharide based materials