Graduate Student Travel Award
Awards and Fellowships
The Division of Cellulose and Renewable Materials sponsors a program to provide funding for graduate students to travel to a National ACS meeting to present orally the results of their research.
Award recipients will be reimbursed for registration, travel, and accommodations expenses up to $500 (receipts for covered expenses must be presented to the division’s treasurer), and are restricted to oral presenters at CELL programs of the ACS National Meetings.
Only members of the ACS and the Cellulose and Renewable Materials Division are eligible. Awards are subject to availability of funds, and selection of awardees is by the discretion of the symposium organizers, who will consider the following criteria: (1) number of prior presentations (regardless of format) at a national ACS meeting, (2) academic merit of the applicant, and (3) financial constraints of the applicant.
Through this program, the Division hopes to increase the participation of younger scientists in the field of Cellulose and Renewable Materials chemistry.
How to Apply
To apply for the student travel award, submit the following items to the symposium organizers:
- A brief resume (limit to one page)
- A completed official application form
- An abstract of the work to be presented, using the standard ACS abstract format (150 words or less, may contain one or more graphics). The abstract MUST be suitable to be presented in a CELL-sponsored symposium.
- A brief note from your advisor (e-mail is sufficient, no more than 1-page in length in any case) confirming your participation in the meeting at which you will be making your presentation, commenting on your technical ability and potential in the field of Cellulose and Renewable Materials, and listing any other travel support that would be available from the department or research grants.
- ACS membership number must be included on the application