ACS Cell Division Fellow Award
Awards and Fellowships
Eligibility for this award is open to any current or past Cellulose and Renewable Materials Division Member who has made significant contributions to the activities of the Division. This includes, but is not limited to:
- service as an officer in the Division
- active participation in the development of program activities for the Division’s meetings
- In October, following the fall ACS meeting, the Awards Chair will solicit nominations for the Division Fellow Award(s) from current members of the Executive Committee and from any past officers.
- The Awards Chair selects 3 to 5 judges who make up the Division Fellow Award Committee.
- The judges rank the nominees.
- The judges will also indicate the number of awards that should be given with a maximum of three awards being possible in a single year.
- The Awards Chair announces the name(s) of Division Fellows at the Spring ACS meeting with the Award(s) to be given at the following Fall ACS meeting.
Division Members Selected as ACS Fellows
|2017||Lucian Lucia||North Carolina State University|
|2017||James Wang||Sinopec Shanghai Research Institute|
|2015||Michael Serio||Advanced Fuel Research Inc|
|2013||Orlando Rojas||North Carolina State University|
|2011||Bob A. Howell||Central Michigan University|
|2011||John Warner||Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry|
|2010||Helena L. Chum||National Renewable Energy Laboratory|
|2010||Dennis W. Smith||University of Texas at Dallas|
|2010||Attila E Pavlath||USDA, ARS, Western Regional Research Center|
|2010||Alfred D. French||USDA, ARS, Southern Regional Research Center|
|2009||Kevin J. Edgar||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|2009||Charles M. Buchanan||Eastman Chemical Company|