ACS Cell Division Fellow Award
Awards and Fellowships
Eligibility for this award is open to any current or past Cellulose and Renewable Materials Division Member who has made significant contributions to the activities of the Division. This includes, but is not limited to:
- service as an officer in the Division
- active participation in the development of program activities for the Division’s meetings
- In October, following the fall ACS meeting, the Awards Chair will solicit nominations for the Division Fellow Award(s) from current members of the Executive Committee and from any past officers.
- The Awards Chair selects 3 to 5 judges who make up the Division Fellow Award Committee.
- The judges rank the nominees.
- The judges will also indicate the number of awards that should be given with a maximum of three awards being possible in a single year.
- The Awards Chair announces the name(s) of Division Fellows at the Spring ACS meeting with the Award(s) to be given at the following Fall ACS meeting.
Division Members Selected as ACS Fellows
|2019||Patrick Navard||Centre de Mise en Forme des Materiaux|
|2018||Maren Roman||Virginia Tech|
|2016||Lucian Lucia||North Carolina State University|
|2016||Paul Gatenholm||Chalmers University of Technology|
|2015||Stephen Eichhorn||University of Exeter|
|2014||Alfred D. French||USDA, ARS, Southern Regional Research Center|
|2013||J. Vincent Edwards||USDA, ARS, Southern Regional Research Center|
|2012||Stephen S. Kelley||North Carolina State University|
|2011||Charles Buchanan||Eastman Chemical Company|
|2010||Jan Cardamone||USDA, ARS, Eastern Regional Research Center|
|2010||Kevin Edgar||Virginia Tech|
|2009||Orlando Rojas||North Carolina State University|
|2007||Tor P. Schultz||Mississippi State University|
|2007||William N. Marmer||USDA, ARS, Eastern Regional Research Center|
|2002||Wolfgang Glasser||Virginia Tech|
|2002||Helena L. Chum||National Renewable Energy Laboratory|
|1998||Tyrone L. Vigo||USDA, ARS, Southern Regional Research Center|
|1996||Noelie R. Bertoniere||USDA, ARS, Southern Regional Research Center|
|1996||R. St. John Manley||McGill University|
|1994||Howard L. Needles||University of California, Davis|
|1993||S. Haig Zeronian||University of California, Davis|
|1992||Jett C. Arthur, Jr.||USDA, ARS, Southern Regional Research Center|
|1991||Ed J. Soltes||Texas A&M University|
|1991||Roger M. Rowell||USDA Forest Products Laboratory|
|1990||Robert. E. Read||The Dupont Company|
|1990||Stanley P. Rowland||USDA, ARS, Southern Regional Research Center|
|1989||W. Kyle Ward, Jr.||The Institute of Paper Chemistry|
|1989||Mary E. Carter||USDA, Agricultural Research Service|
|1984||Donald F. Durso||Johnson and Johnson Company|
|1983||Roy L. Whistler||Purdue University|