ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Lectureship Award
Awards and Fellowships
ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering and the ACS Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Division and the ACS Cellulose and Renewable Materials Division are seeking nominations for the ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Lectureship awards, which will recognize and honor the contributions of three early career investigators from around the world who are doing exceptional research that impacts sustainability, green chemistry, or green engineering.
The awards are intended to be global in scope, reflecting the global author base and readership of ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. One recipient will be chosen from each of the following three regions: The Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa, and Asia/Pacific.
These ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Lectureship awards will be presented in a special symposium session of the ACS Industrial & Engineering Chemistry and ACS Cellulose and Renewable Materials Divisions at the ACS National Meeting to honor the recipients.
Nominees are eligible for one of the three awards based on:
- The affiliation with a geographical region of their current home scientific institution:
- The Americas;
- Europe, the Middle East or Africa;
- Asia or the Pacific.
- Being 10 years or less from initial academic appointment (for faculty members); or being 10 years or less from last professional training (e.g., Ph.D. or postdoc) for industrial and other nonacademic scientists.
Preference may be given to nominees who have published at least one article in ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering and to nominees that are members of one of the Divisions.
Self-nominations are permitted.
- Name, affiliation of nominee
- Name and affiliation of lead nominator
- List of top 5 publications relevant to the nomination
- Nominee’s current CV
- Brief statement (1-2 pages) describing the nominee’s specific accomplishments relevant to the nomination
- Letters of support (2 maximum in addition to the nomination letter)
- It is required that at least one nominator or supporting letter writer be a member of at least one of the partnering ACS Divisions, i.e., the I&EC or CELL Divisions. Include proof of membership with the nomination package.
Nomination packages and questions regarding the lectureship should be sent to: Award.ACSSustainable@acs.org.
Annoucement of the winners
The selection committee will consist of ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering editors as well as representatives from the CELL and I&EC Division. The winners will be announced in early Fall.
2018 – Ning Yan, National University of Singapore (Asia and the Pacific)
2018 – Rafael Luque, University of Cordoba (Europe, the Middle East or Africa)
2018 – Fengqi You, Cornell University (The Americas)
2017 – Jinlong Gong, Tianjin University (Asia and the Pacific)
2017 – Helen Sneddon, GlaxoSmithKline (Europe, the Middle East or Africa)
2017 – Gregg Beckham, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (The Americas)
The Lectureship award winners will each receive an award plaque, $1,000 USD honorarium, and assistance with travel and lodging costs.