ACS Chemists with Disability (CWD) Travel Award
Awards and Fellowships
The ACS-CWD (American Chemical Society – Committee on Chemists With Disabilities) TRAVEL AWARD aims to encourage and facilitate the participation of undergraduate/graduate students and post-doctoral researchers with disabilities at American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meetings.
Awards will be granted to a student or post-doc applicant with a disability who will present a talk or poster at the ACS Spring or Fall National Meeting.
Awards will be up to $2000 per awardee.
- The first place winner will receive a check for $1,500, up to $500 for travel expenses, and a plaque honoring the recipient’s accomplishment.
- The award for the second place winner will consist of a check for $750, up to $500 for travel expenses and a certificate honoring the recipient’s accomplishment.
The recipients will be invited to attend the following Spring ACS National Meeting and deliver an oral presentation on their awarding winning work. All graduate students currently enrolled in a graduate program (at the application deadline) and pursuing research on the chemical nature of cellulose, paper, textiles and other renewable materials are eligible
- The applicant must be a student or post-doctoral researcher (awarded PhD within the last 5 years) in the United States.
- The applicant must join or be an ACS member.
- The applicant must provide a copy of the abstract and the acceptance notice from ACS.
- The applications will be evaluated by a subcommittee appointed by the ACS CWD.
For the Fall National ACS meeting, applications should be submitted before June 15.
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Please include “Travel Grant” in the subject line.
Eligible students should apply by providing the following documentation:
- Applicant mailing address, email address, phone, current school/employee.
- Advisor’s name, mailing address, email address, phone number.
- Statement why you want to attend this meeting.
- Abstract of talk/poster sent to ACS.
- Copy of the acceptance of abstract from ACS.
- ACS membership number or evidence of membership.
- Letter of support from research advisor.
- Brief description of disability (optional)
Applicants will be notified, by e-mail, not later than July 1, if they have been selected for the Fall ACS CWD travel award.
- The student should email a short report describing the experiences obtained at the meeting within a month after returning from the meeting.
- Pictures taken at the talk or poster presentation should be emailed to CWD.
- This information (report and/or photo) may be included on the CWD website and/or Facebook page.
ACS National Meeting
1st Place = $1500, up to $500 for travel expenses, and a plaque honoring the recipient’s accomplishment.
2nd Place = $750, up to $500 for travel expenses and a certificate honoring the recipient’s accomplishment.